Comfort cooking: 4-ingredient bagels in under 45 minutes 🥯
(Photo © ADORA WATSON / elisaCOMPANY)
It's been a challenging week. A lot is happening in the world right now, and I'm holding my heart together by channeling my inner kitchen connoisseur to find comfort in savory eats.
When I received a simple, quick recipe for homemade bagels, I decided to give it a try. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, I'm happy how my first batch turned out. With a few ingredients from your kitchen, you can make them too:
1 cup of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of Greek Yogurt
How I made it:
1. Preheated my oven to 375°F.
2. Stirred the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl with a spatula.
3. Mixed in the Greek yogurt.
4. Kneaded the dough for about 15-20 turns.
5. Separated the kneaded dough into small chunks and rolled them into bagel shapes.
6. Baked the bagels for 25 minutes and voilà.
I let the bagels sit for about 15 minutes and enjoyed a heavenly homemade treat.
Until further notice, I'm eating my feelings with jam and cream cheese. Peace, love, and solidarity for everything you may be coping with right now. Be well and take care of yourself.